My answer to Quora: Here are a few marketing ideas and strategies that promise to help you improve your business and get attention from hungry foodies everywhere.
1. Word of mouth: Research continuously proves that word of mouth by a friend, loved one or co-worker is still the most effective way to win new customers.
2. Stay current: Keep yourself up to date on current statistics, trends, facts and figures that can help you analyze your restaurant marketing plan. Should you make any tweaks to how you market your restaurant? Should you position your restaurant differently?
3. Show off your staff: In an age of automation and robotic customer service reps, the human element is severely lacking. Show off your 5-star staff doing what they do best! Seeing happy, smiling employees does wonders for your reputation, as customers long to be served by joyful workers.
4. Have a functional website: Can local customers find your restaurant online? Make sure they can with a well-optimized website that does what you want it to do. The key is to get them to your website before they find your competitors. You can create a food blog, list daily specials and direct visitors to your social media profiles and online review sites.
5. Engage in local SEO practices: Websites aren’t just for big companies; now more than ever, small local businesses are realizing the importance of having a website and implementing an Internet marketing strategy. Since 72% of all searches are related to a search for local content, you should be 100% sure that your website will show up for those searches relevant to your restaurant.
Ready for 15 more restaurant marketing tips that will surely BOOST revenue? Check it out! 20 Restaurant Marketing Tips to BOOST Revenue