2015 Craft Beer in Review from the Brewers Association Reveals Historic Number of Breweries in U.S.; Most Since 1800's. As of the end of November, there are now 4,144 breweries in the country, topping the historic high of 4,131 breweries in 1873.
- Brewery openings now exceed two a day.
- Fifteen states are now home to more than 100 breweries: California, Washington, Colorado, Oregon, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Texas, Ohio, Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Indiana.
- IPA remained the top style sold by independent craft brewers, and continues to grow faster than the overall craft category.
- Data shows that “locally made” is important to over half of craft beer buyers.
- Similarly, knowing that the beer is made by a small and independent brewery is important to a majority of craft drinkers in their purchase decision.
The growth doesn’t seem destined to slow soon either, we look forward to 2016 and another year of the Craft Beer Revolution.
With every craft brewery, comes the need for capital. At LVRG, we not only love and appreciate craft beer, but we are passionate about growing craft breweries throughout the country. Whether you have a large commercial brewery or small microbrewery, LVRG can provide you with the funding you need to be successful. From a small, quick capital infusion of $10,000 to purchase inventory or launch a marketing campaign, to financing that will help you acquire brew kettles, fermenters, beer tanks and other brew equipment, or if you need $5,000,000 to expand, LVRG is able to provide options that fit your unique capital needs. Breweries throughout the U.S. are thriving and growing thanks to LVRG, let us show you how easy it is to get brewery financing so you can put your stamp, on the Craft Beer map!